Yoga and Scuba Diving Paradise Retreat
Gili Air (Lombok), Indonesia. 19-28 Oct 2018 & 2-11 Nov 2018
Relax, rejuvenate and re-connect. Immerse yourself in the peace and tranquillity of the ocean.
Can you imagine immersing yourself in the peace and tranquillity of the ocean?
Take a moment to close your eyes, visualize the sun shimmering on the ocean, the warm of the sun against your skin. As you dive into the water, the first thing you notice is the silence, just the sound of your breath. It’s like you have entered an entire different world, colorful tropical fish weave around you swimming amongst the beautiful coral reef. Here you discover a whole new way to re-connect with the self.
Now picture yourself spending time just on you! A time to relax, rejuvenate and re-connect. If you have answered yes to any above than this Yoga and Diving Paradise Retreat with Mandalablue Yoga may just be for you.
And here is why… (keep reading below!)
| 3, 5 or 10 Nights | Resort, Dorm or Private Villa | Food & Drink | Daily Yoga & Meditation | 2 Fundives or DSD (Discover Scuba Dive) |
| Open Air Dorm | Queen Villa | King Villa | Private Pool Villa |
Whilst On Gili Air, you will enjoy comfortable accommodation staying in our carefully chosen resorts: we offer options for all budgets and needs!
Yes, we promise you that there will be vitalising and nourishing daily yoga and meditation and a gorgeous location on the beautiful Gili Air, each day you will be served delicious nutritious food. However, this unique Yoga and Scuba Diving Paradise Retreat promises much, much more…’that special something else.”
In our busy daily lives we have little time to fully switch off, disconnect and truly be present in our natural surroundings. Scuba diving in the ocean is said to bring that ‘something else’ that is very similar to what we experience after a yoga and meditation practice.
“ I personally find the ocean water as the most healing element of them all. Being underwater everything is quiet and it is the perfect opportunity to observe the breath and the mind, and at the same time discovering a whole new and harmonious world” says Maite, founder of Mandalablue Yoga.
Diving in the ocean
The effects of being In the ocean are immediate. A sense of calmness and connection to body, breath and mind, scuba diving in the ocean can be a truly profound experience. The same body, breath and mind connection we seek in our yoga practice.
With two dives and twice daily yoga and meditation practices included, by the end of the retreat you will be deeply nourished, relaxed and fully reconnected with your joyful self.
Whether you choose to stay for three, five or ten days, this retreat is a real opportunity to deeply relax, to let go, disconnecting from all the busyness of life and reconnect with your inner self, your true nature.
When we create the space for ourselves, eliminating the stress and busyness from our lives, we become more balanced, calmer a more relaxed state of being (in yoga we call this Sattwic) Everything starts to come from a higher place, our thoughts are clearer, and our decision making is made with clarity. We begin to see things in a much purer, clearer way.
There will be plenty of spare time to relish other island offerings, perhaps take a SUP yoga lesson or an additional diving lesson, or maybe you will choose to take advantage of the peace and tranquillity of the island and relax with a spa treatment or two.
During the retreat we urge you to fully immerse yourself in the peace and tranquillity and embrace the opportunely to go within, we encourage you to refrain from using any technology – internet and mobile phones. Giving you space to fully switch off and connect with your surrounds and tune in to your internal voice.
This retreat is for you if…
You dream about being immersed in the peaceful tranquillity of the ocean, a tropical island getaway with white sandy beaches, a place where you can disconnect, reenergise your body mind and spirit. and reconnect with yourself, enjoying the benefits of a daily yoga and meditation practice.
Perhaps you want to try something new for the first time, maybe scuba diving, maybe yoga? Or maybe you just need to get away, a place where everything is taken care of for you, where you don’t need to worry about daily activities, you can truly immerse yourself and not worry about a thing!
Let’s not forget all the beautiful new connections and friendships you will make connecting with like-minded souls.
New and experienced divers and yogis are welcome!
This retreat is suitable for everyone! From complete beginners to experienced divers and yogis! You do not need to have any prior experience of diving.
The price of the retreat includes a DSD and a fun dive, which means if you are not a certified scuba diver you will participate in a pool session with an experienced instructor. During this session you will learn the basics of equipment and breathing underwater, and then you will do a dive under the ocean.
If you are certified diver, you will enjoy 2 fun dives with a dive master that will show you the best corners of this reef!
For those who opt for the 5 day or 10 day retreat it’s an opportunity to go deeper into your learning of this fascinating underwater world! There is the option of participating in additional courses:
- Open Water course (the first certification – up to 18 meters depth) that allows you to dive all over the world!,
- Advance Course (that allows you to go up to 30mtrs depth) or
- Freedive first certification - (and discover the underwater silent world just with one breath – apnea).
EVERYBODY who attends must be in good health, you will be required to complete a health form so that we can guarantee you of optimal health.
And not forgetting twice daily yoga...
The benefits of a daily yoga and meditation practice bring balance to body breath and mind. The Yin and the Yang aspects of our self.
Your body will become more flexible and through your daily meditation will notice the mind becomes quieter.
You will start your day with either a Hatha Vinyasa class or traditional Hatha Tantra class, that will contain asana (yoga postures) flowing mindful postures stretch and strengthen the body, balancing pranayama (breathing practices) and meditation.
In the afternoon you will experience the deeply relaxing and restorative practice of Yoga Nidra. known as yogic sleep. Or bask in a restorative yoga/meditation class…
How does my day look?
- 6:30 to 7:45 am > Morning Yoga -to stretch out the body
- 8:00-9:00 > Breakfast
- 9:30 – 11:30 > First Scuba dive activity (when no dive, Free time!)
- 12:00-13:30 > Lunch
- 14:00-16:30 > Second Scuba dive activity (when no dive, Free time!)
- 17:30 – 19:00 > Sunset Yoga
- 19:30 > Dinner and free/bed time
What is included:
- All your accommodation during the retreat, depending if you decide to stay 3, 5 or 10 nights.
- Three delicious meals a day during the retreat.
- Beverages included are any three smoothies or fresh juices, coffee or tea daily.
- For certified divers 2 fun dives.
- For those new to diving – Discover Scuba Dive (DSD) that includes one pool training session and one open water ocean dive with the instructor.
- Twice daily yoga and meditation classes.
- Walking pick-up from the harbour, if you choose to opt for horse and cart transportation, you will be required to cover this cost.
- Bike rental
What is NOT included:
- All your flights and transport to and from the island.
- Transport from the harbour to accommodation (there is the option of hiring a Horse cart to take you from the boat to the accommodation).
- Any additional meals that you may choose to have outside of what is included.
- Any additional Coaching sessions with Maite.
- Any additional activities or courses you participate in on the island including Spa treatments (unless you have won one in our early bird promotion!)
- SUP yoga.
- SUP (Stand Up Paddle) tour.
- Extra scuba dives.
- Open Water diver certification.
- Advance scuba dive certification.
- Freedive courses.
- Aerial yoga.
Early bird promotion!
FREE MASSAGE FOR THE FIRST 5 REGISTRATIONS!!!